6 Tips for Creating a Signature Drink
If you are looking for a creative way to control costs and personalize an event, creating a signature drink or two is the way to go! But where do you start? Here are 6 tips to help you create the drink that reflects your own personal style!
- Figure out the Basics: What is your go-to drink order? What are the flavors and/or drinks that you order when you go out? What flavors do you like? Not like? Which category does your favorite drink fall into: strong/sour/sweet/low alcohol content? Your favorite drink or flavor profile is a great starting point in developing your signature cocktail. If you are looking to save money, a low alcohol content drink, such as a sparkling wine or spritzer, is a good option.
- Keep it Classic: Stick with a universally-appealing spirit, like vodka. You can utilize trendy flavors or garnishes to really personalize the drink. Teas and bitters are always a great way to incorporate a different and very personal taste. Or consider garnishing your drink with herbs, such as sage or rosemary.
- Consider a Theme: Think about the theme of the event. Always try to choose a cocktail that will pair well with the food being served. You can personalize it even more by serving it in a creative glass that mirrors the casualness of the event. Don’t try to hard to make the color of the drink match the colors of the event – you can pick up the colors of your event with glasses or garnish.
- For Special Events: For events such as weddings – consider having two signature cocktails. Choose one that mirrors the bride’s taste and one that is the groom’s choice.
- Serving Sizes: In general, men consume twice the amount of food and alcohol that women do. If you’re on a strict budget, consider drinks that are low-alcohol and can be mixed in large batches. This can also help with wait time and demand on the bartender.
- Have fun!: Try a few different drink/glass/garnishment options ahead of time! And think of a fun name for your signature cocktail!
Create A Custom Profile
We want to know more about you and the products you love. Telling us about what you like will help us get you the best deals and access to new products.