July 24th is National Tequila Day, but let’s be honest, Tequila deserves more than just one day.
Tequila Fun Facts!
- Real Tequila means NO HANGOVER!
- The sugars in Tequila, agavins, may aid in weight loss.
- Tequila’s agavins can’t be metabolized, therefore, do not raise glucose levels.
The 5 subcategories of Tequila.
- Silver – Clear or “Blanco”. Clear Tequila is bottled and stored right after distillation. Made of 100% Blue Agave.
- Gold- Like Silver is unaged, but typically a “mixto”, which is not 100% agave. Aged for more than 2 months, but less than a year.
- Reposado- “Rested” This tequila is aged in Oak barrels for 2-12 months.
- Anejo- In repose for 1-3 years. Picks up more flavor from the barrel. Best enjoyed neat, can also substitute for whiskey.
- Extra Anejo – Introduced in 2006. Aged for more than 3 years. Extra Anejo picks up rich and impressive mixes of flavors. Best for sipping rather than mixing.
Grab your Tequila, lime, and salt. Take a shot, or make a drink.
Let’s celebrate all month long!