Charcuterie (Shahr-ku-tuh-ree) Boards have become vastly popular in the last year. The art of creating and assembling is what attracts most social influencers. Social Media is a great place to go for inspiration when trying to get creative with building your board. Try the hashtags #charcuterieboards #diycharcuterieboard
A Charcuterie board can be a platter, cutting board, ceramic platter, marble slabs, anything board you can grab. You can fill it using any items, but the most popular for this type are; cured meats, cheeses, olives, nuts, dried and fresh fruits, crackers, and jelly or jam.
How to Assemble:
- Find the right board. Large cutting boards, marble slabs, slate boards, or ceramic platters all make great options.
- Choose a variety of cured meats and salami.
- Use a variety of soft and hard cheeses with varying milk types and colors. (Brie, Havarti, Gouda, Hot pepper, Smoked Mozzarella, etc)
- Add cured olives and spreads/jams. The jams are best platted in small serving dishes. Also, add a variety of crackers and breadsticks.
- Mix in a colorful variety of nuts, fresh and dried fruits. You can add some fresh herbs too in the end if you’d like.
Arrange and Have fun making!!