Specialty Meats & Cheeses
You can't go wrong pairing a delicious glass of wine with a charcuterie board – and Macadoodles is your one-stop shop for an amazing charcuterie!
We have everything you need for a romantic picnic or an elegant party – wine and specialty meat and cheeses. Our experts will help you find a selection that perfectly complements the occasion and alcohol.
Guidelines to creating the perfect charcuterie board:
Consider the tastes and textures of cheeses that you enjoy. Not everyone enjoys cheeses with a strong odor or taste. You may also consider offering a variety of taste and textures. We suggest odd numbers of cheese and meat (for example, three cheeses, three meats).
Breakdown of Cheeses:
- Aged: Gouda, Sharp Cheddar, Gruyere
- Soft and creamy: Brie, Camembert, Epoisses, Burrata, Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella
- Crumbly: Goat and Feta Cheese
- Firm: Parmigiano Reggiano, Manchego, Gouda
- Smoked: Smoked Gouda, Provolone, Cheddar
- Blue: Gorgonzola, Stilton, Roquefort
Next, choose wines that complement your cheese selection. Or you can start with this part first and choose the cheese and meats that pair well the wine.
- Malbec: Sharp Aged Cheddar and Aged Manchego
- Shiraz: Aged Jack and Smoked Gouda
- Chardonnay: Brie
- Sauvignon Blanc: Soft cheese like Mozzarella, Burrata or firm cheese like Gruyere
- Pinot Noir: Manchego, Fresh Sheep’s Milk Cheese
- Cabernet: Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, and sharp cheeses like Irish Dubliner
Next, select an equal amount of meats to cheese varieties (for example, if you have five types of cheese, choose five types of meat).
- Dry Cured Salami: Made of beef or pork and mostly air-dried
- Prosciutto: Italian Dry Cured Ham
- Sopressata: Italian Dry Salami
- Mortadella: Italian Sausage
To round out your charcuterie board, select a few crackers and bread. You may also consider adding some sweetness to the board with honey, preserves, and fresh fruit. You can also add some pickles and olives or a dip, such as hummus.
We are proud to feature charcuterie from local favorite - Kurzweil's Country Meats
About Kurzweil's Country Meats
Kurzweil's is the premier destination for all your classic, cuisine needs. After many years of perfecting the farming and hog operations, Kurzweils' Country Meats was opened in 1995 located on 7 Highway between Harrisonville and Garden City, Missouri. The original store is still home to Kurzweils’ Country Meats.
For more than 20 years, they have been providing customers with the highest quality meats and other country necessities found in the heart of the Midwest. They take great pride in all of our products, from our USDA certified beef to our exemplary cheeses and sauces. Their mission is to provide customers with superior products and unbeatable customer service. With Kurzweils, you can be sure that the products you purchase will meet the highest standards of quality and freshness.