If you are looking for a creative way to control costs and personalize an event, creating a signature drink or two is the way to go! But where do you start? Here are 6 tips to help you create the drink that reflects your own personal style!
1. Figure out the Basics: What is your go-to drink order? What are the flavors and/or drinks that you order when you go out? What flavors do you like? Not like? Which category does your favorite drink fall into: strong/sour/sweet/low alcohol content? Your favorite drink or flavor profile is a great starting point in developing your signature cocktail. If you are looking to save money, a low alcohol content drink, such as a sparkling wine or spritzer, is a good option.
2. Keep it Classic: Stick with a universally-appealing spirit, like vodka. You can utilize trendy flavors or garnishes to really personalize the drink. Teas and bitters are always a great way to incorporate a different and very personal taste. Or consider garnishing your drink with herbs, such as sage or rosemary.
3. Consider a Theme: Think about the theme of the event. Always try to choose a cocktail that will pair well with the food being served. You can personalize it even more by serving it in a creative glass that mirrors the casualness of the event. Don’t try to hard to make the color of the drink match the colors of the event – you can pick up the colors of your event with glasses or garnish.
4. For Special Events: For events such as weddings – consider having two signature cocktails. Choose one that mirrors the bride’s taste and one that is the groom’s choice.
5. Serving Sizes: In general, men consume twice the amount of food and alcohol that women do. If you’re on a strict budget, consider drinks that are low-alcohol and can be mixed in large batches. This can also help with wait time and demand on the bartender.
6. Have fun!: Try a few different drink/glass/garnishment options ahead of time! And think of a fun name for your signature cocktail!